About the Pasco City Council
- The Pasco City Council is comprised of 7 elected officials. The City of Pasco operates under the "Council-Manager" plan of government, per the Revised Code of Washington Chapter 35.18. Under the Council-Manager plan of city government, the Councilmembers are the elected officials of the City, who then in turn appoint and oversee the City Manager. The Council also elects fellow Councilmembers to serve as Mayor and Mayor Pro-Tem.
- Pasco Municipal Code Title 2 cover the duties and compensation of the City Council.
- The Council sets goals every 2 years; learn about the City Council goals for 2018-2019.
6 Councilmembers each represent a district; 1 Councilmember is "At Large". You can view City District maps.
- Mayor Matt Watkins, At Large
- Mayor Pro-Tem Craig Maloney, District 6
- Councilmember Blanche Barajas, District 1
- Councilmember Ruben Alvarado, District 2
- Councilmember Saul Martinez, District 3
- Councilmember Pete Serrano, District 4
- Councilmember David Milne, District 5
The process for elections for Councilmembers changed in 2017 to a more district-based system; read more.
Contact the City Council
The City Council welcomes your questions and comments. View Council contact information. Please note that City Councilmembers do not have physical offices within City Hall, and Councilmembers have outside full-time employment, so please allow time for Councilmembers to respond.
- The public is welcomed and encouraged to attend Council meetings! Council meetings begin promptly at 7:00 pm Mondays except on observed holidays (PDF).
- The first and third Mondays of the month are Regular (business) Meetings, and the second and fourth Mondays are Workshop Meetings. The Council usually does not meet on the fifth Monday of a month. The City Council can meet for special meetings when needed, with proper public notification. View the Public Meeting Calendar for the most current meeting schedule.
- Agenda Packets are available on the Friday prior to the meeting.
- Meetings are held at Pasco City Hall, 525 N. 3rd Avenue, in Council Chambers on the 1st Floor.
- Please note: To enter City Hall for a meeting, you will need to use the east entrance (the entrance off the parking lot).
- City Council meetings are shown live on PSC-TV (Charter Cable Channel 191 in Pasco) or via PSC-TV live online. Previous City Council meetings are available to view via PSC-TV Video On-Demand.
For more information about the City Council, call the City Manager's Office at (509) 545-3404.